Thursday, February 23, 2012

Terra Firma!

Finally got into Louisville in one piece!  The first leg of the trip wasn't so bad, but I missed my connection in NC, so I got to KY about 2 hours later than I anticipated.  At that point, I said to myself that I was not even going to attempt the conference.  "Liz," I said, "you are going to get to that hotel room, take your shoes off, have dinner, and watch TV".  And I heartily agreed with myself - Right now I'm in that room, watching Cartoon Network, and eating soup. 

While I appreciate the helpfulness of the airport worker in getting me on the plane, I still felt like a zombie when we touched down.  I will say this, though, Louisville is pretty at night!  The lights were like a glitter explosion!

Fun hilights so far:

-One of the top 5 best burgers I've had in my life at the Newark mini-Ruby Tuesdays.  Yeah, I know, a chain making a decadent burg?  Turkey/avocado, some kind of really tasty roll (not bun, darlings, but *roll*), fresh lettuce and tomatoes with TASTE!  And rice pilaf as a side.  This gives Old Man Rafferty's a run for its burger money :)

-A big, beautiful, burning, honey-amber sun setting over the Carolina airport.  I wish I could have snapped a photo. 

-the lady at the front desk laughing at my lame joke about travel difficulties, "I almost had to ride in here on a broomstick!"  yuk-yuk.  I appreciate the courtesy...makes me feel a little more human.

So yes, tonight I unwind, and limber up my presenting muscles.  Students, if you're reading, this *totally* involves a stunningly choreographed martial arts training scene.  See, see how exciting teachers' lives are?

Good night, all, I should have some fun tales to tell tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment