Friday, February 24, 2012

Visuals


Good morning Louisville!  From the window of my hotel room...which, by the way, I could open for fresh air purposes!


This is the first thing I saw on entering campus, the front of Grawemeyer Hall.  I know nothing about it yet, but it's lovely.




This hall also boasts a (repro?) Rodin!


And here's one of the figures in the niches on front.


I'm not sure what direction this was in, or what quad I was standing on, but isn't it a pretty view?


I think this is a peek from the Bingham Humanities Building, where the conference was located.


After the conference, we all repaired to the Brown hotel for cocktails.  This place is gorgeous.  If I had the bucks, I might have stayed here instead!  Then again, I do prefer homecooking and making my own bed to room service and doormen.  Still, it's a beautiful building!


Scene from the lobby.


There were at least two of these chairs, and I really, really wanted to sit in one, but I wasn't sure if that was allowed!

So that's that!  I shove off at 5:00 AM tomorrow, and I'll be back in NJ by noon. I had a great time, but I'm eager to be back home :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment